Staying organized is key to an efficient, successful small business. A must-have organization tool is the binder. A binder, with its labeled page dividers and paper, can make order out of chaos in such a simple and affordable way.
Vinyl binders are a great choice for the office because they are durable. There are many vinyl binder options available. There are binders with round or D-rings. The 3 ring binder is a popular choice. In addition to the standard 3 ring, there are 2 ring, 4 ring, 6 ring, 7 ring and more. There are different sheet sizes, pockets and you can customize your binder with logo printing on the cover. Poly Binders and Entrapment Binders are other available options.
Binders organize priorities, goals and time to achieve a more efficient workplace.
Organization online resources and apps are wonderful, but when your Smartphone loses its charge or the Internet service is out, there’s nothing more satisfying than sliding a binder off the shelf to use as you work, hold a meeting or jot down ideas.
Here are 9 ways to use a binder effectively:
- Schedule calendar. It’s a time management tool that can be included in the office binder.
- Ideas. An idea section helps organize employee suggestions and notes that can be referred to during the next team meeting.
- Advertising. Corporations may need several binders to keep track of advertising clients or where they advertise. A small business can have two sections in the same binder; who is advertising with their company and where they are advertise. Reports showing money spent and ad response should be included. The section can be used during meetings to discuss whether or not an advertising campaign is an effective use of funds.
- Social Media. Keep track of social media marketing campaigns, networks, blogs, and goals.
- Goals. Departments have goals: weekly, monthly and annual. A section in the department binder is the perfect place to keep track of projected goals, and inforgraphs, charts and tables that show progress. Include short terms as well as long term goals.
- Budget. In this section you can organize monthly QuickBooks or other accounting reports and statements concerning gross income and expenses that can be referred to quickly and easily.
- Project List. Whether it’s a blog piece deadline, social media marketing campaign, or upcoming trade show, your business has projects in the works that can best be executed when properly organized.
- Inventory. If you have a retail business, whether brick-and-mortar or online, an inventory section can help you organize orders, payment processing, shipping, tracking, reports and more.
- Office Equipment and File Maintenance. Chances are you neglect the necessary maintenance of your office equipment and electronic files. Organize dates to have the laser copier serviced, back up computer files, clean the computer cache, and clean the computer keyboards.
The above organization tips offer easy solutions to common problems. If you use even a few of the suggestions, your time management skills and productivity will improve. A binder can help you prioritize projects. Your business will operate more economically. And best of all, your stress level will decrease.